It’s important to choose a Trustworthy Locksmith, to feel comfortable with the company and technician who will be providing you with their locksmith services. At Out and About Locksmith we strive to be trusted and offer 100% satisfaction guaranteed. These services will require access to your home, vehicle and your business which means it’s critical to choose a locksmith you can trust.
Call Out and About Locksmiths for a Trustworthy Locksmith.
Here are a few tips for selection criteria:
- Make sure company is Insured and has a licence.
- S.C.E.C (Security Construction and Equipment Committee) certified employees.
- Be wary of locksmith companies that answer calls with generic phrases like “locksmith services” rather than a specific name.
- Ask for identification when locksmith arrives – Don’t be afraid to do this as there reaction to your request will immediately tell you if they are legit and will make believe you are to be taken seriously.
- Get an estimated Quote before work begin. This is highly important, if you get an estimate before beginning then the Locksmith can’t just throw out high paying price once they finish the job. Most Reliable Companies will have a free quote section on there websites.
- If you are locked out, be cautious of companies that recommend or insist on drilling or replacing your lock upfront. Most experienced locksmiths have the skills and tools to unlock almost any door.
- Legitimate locksmiths will arrive in a clearly marked vehicle and an employee in a uniform.
- You trust your friends right? Get a recommendation of a Locksmith they have used in the past that has been a successful service.
- If you also have friends who have had bad experiences with locksmiths then learn from their mistakes, see where they went wrong in deciding on which company they use.
Out and About Locksmiths Canberra is here to help with all your locksmith needs!
How to get into your Home
When you are locked out here’s a method you can try. To do this method, you are obviously going to need a credit card. Try to choose a card that you don’t mind if it breaks such as an expired gift card. First of all, what you want to do is insert the chosen card between the door frame and the door where the latch is, Then hold the card perpendicular to the door and begin to wiggle the card side to side. While your pushing, start to bend the card the opposite way from the doorknob, this will slide the latch away from the door jam. If you do end up unlocking the door, call Out and About Locksmiths. You have just shown how easy it is to get into your home.
Most door knobs have the mounting screws hidden, but if you take a look closer at the door knob you will be able to see a small hole. Using a thin piece of metal or even a pin, insert the pin into the hole and start applying pressure. Keep pushing the pin and while your doing that start to twisting the door knob with your other hand until the door knob is removed.
When all else fails, it may be time to throw in the towel and call a local locksmith. Out and About Locksmiths are perfect for getting into your locked home, call them on 0431 515 640.
Don’t forget to check out some of there other blogs here.