What To Look For When Choosing A Locksmith
If you’ve ever needed to find a trades person to do a job, you’ll know how overwhelming it can be. Who do you choose? Is their price reasonable? Will they rip you off? Is their work guaranteed? While we can’t speak for other trades, Out and About Locksmith Canberra will give you the inside scoop on what to look for when choosing a locksmith for your security needs. It might be a bit of a job in the beginning, but when it is your family’s safety on the line, being thorough is a must.
- Ask for proof of certification! A reputable locksmith will be a member of the Locksmiths Guild of Australia and Security Construction Equipment Committee (SCEC) approval.
- Personal recommendations. Ask family and friends if they know and can personally recommend someone. Word of mouth is the best advertising for services, either good or bad.
- Ask for itemised quotes for the work you need done, and get more than one quote.
- Check for proof of insurance and guarantee of work
- When enquiring, check their professionalism over the phone. Do they use a business name when answering the phone, do they take the time to listen to what you require and are they happy to provide an itemised quote.
- Check if the person you are talking to is the person who will come and complete the job.
We hope these few tips give you an idea what to look for when requiring the services of a locksmith. Out and About Locksmith Canberra fulfil all these criteria, you can check out our services and certification here. If you have any questions, you can message us any time and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.